October 7, 2016

TAB LEARNING: SCULPTURE CENTER!!!

The Week has been inspiring.  I have to say, I don't think I would have been able to roll out TAB CENTERS in my first years of teaching.  I think anyone with a weak constitution and a need for control would go mad.  This is my 10th year teaching at Shenendehowa and what a great way to ring in another year than to CHANGE IT UP.
My classroom is buzzing with an electric energy of creativity and wonder.
Some things I don't miss hearing :

I can't.. (followed by tears)(then I get to administer a mini counseling session)
I messed up (followed by crumpled paper)( and anger)
Mine doesn't look good
Can I be done?
Is this good enough?
Can I free draw now?

These kids are CRAVING wide open assignments that allows them to release the little treasures inside of them.
Imagine a safe place where your child can discover