September 26, 2016

Week 3 COLLAGE CENTER

This week has been challenging as a traveling art teacher.  I travel between two schools that are set up very differently.  The space is much smaller at my travel location but the kids are EATING up the random supplies and materials that are available there.

Students at my travel school are using magazines, raffia, buttons, foam shapes, paper and foam board.  This has been such a great three weeks.  I have not yet had a student ask "is this okay?"  or come to me concerned with their abilities.  There is a ALL SYSTEMS GO sense of creativity going on in the room.  YES, this is purely exploration during these weeks, but I cant wait to see what happens in the future.   As for any advise about starting TAB.. Embrace the CHAOS.  Your room will be completely destroyed hourly.. But with a good system of clean up. Your kids will be your best defense for an overwhelming mess.